I called my brother for advise after “evicted ex-boyfriend,” called to collect a couch. My brother instructed me to, “Lock all entrances to garage apt…and don’t answer the door.” I complied, took my meds and fell asleep. I fell asleep knowing that no one could enter my home. I awakened to my door being kicked in. Two figures entered my dark home. (It was later revealed my brother let them in garage bay area, contrary to prior instruction) As I become more coherent, I witnessed figures coming towards me. Right as I was jerked off the couch, I stabbed the invader one time, in self-defense pursuant to V.A.T.C. Penal Code §§9.31,9.32. I scrambled from the floor, called 911, reported home invasion and self-defense wound, as suspects fled garage apartment. I was treated like a criminal when cops arrived. The D.A. construed false scenario to secure conviction. “The Door wasn’t kicked in, Murder was premeditated b/c I called my brother before falling asleep, I was a lover scorned b/c of the break up.” All were completely fabricated.
Injustices included: Police & Prosecutorial Misconduct, Abuse of Discretion, Due Process violations, Witness Perjury, Ineffective Assistance of Counsel-Trial and Appeal, Insufficient Evidence.
Proof of Innocence:
1. Had no control over my brother’s actions.
2. No fingerprints on the door.
3. Brother & father heard door being kicked in per affidavits.
4. Ex-boyfriend’s criminal record withheld contrary to Michael Morton Act.
5. Co-invader lied in court.
6. I moved ex-boyfriend out amicably.
7. Self-defense per V.A.T.C. Penal Code §§9.31,9.32…all feedback is welcome.
C. Bolton #1164764